Thursday, May 28, 2009

WOU

So...I'm all registered for classes at Western Oregon University.  Yikes!  I'm afraid I've gotten stupid from watching babies for too long.  On the other hand, I think I will probably actually read my textbooks and study this time, so maybe I'll do even better than I did last time.  Who knows?  I guess I'll have to see.


I start on September 28th, and since WOU is on quarters, I only have to go until the beginning of December.  I can pull that off...I think.

I'm taking 17 units, unless I can figure out a 2 unit class that I need.  Most of the classes I need are 4 units and the advisor thought I was crazy for wanting to take 21.  I'm enrolled in an earth science class and lab, (totally excited about that one, I like earth science....or any science that isn't chemistry.)  I also have to take a Linguistics class (Ling 210) which is supposedly really hard.  I have read the description and still have no idea what it is, but the advisor told me I should just plan on going to the tutoring center from the beginning.  How can a class be THAT hard?  If you HAVE to have tutoring, doesn't that kind of mean the teacher sucks?  My other two classes are a health class that covers children and adolescents, and an education class that I have to take before I actually enter the education program.  The advisor says that class is pretty fun/interesting and that most people like it a lot.  Should be a pretty good quarter, as long as the Linguistics class doesn't kill me.

Before school starts, we have 4th of July, a couple outdoor festivals , Dave Matthews Band at The Gorge in Washington, and hopefully a 5 day free vacation to Bend/Sunriver that we got for listening to a timeshare thing.  Its going to be a fun Summer!

We have a ton of stuff to do before we move too....we're still trying to get a renter for the condo.  We had someone look at it yesterday and someone else is coming on Friday.  So there's that.  I'll need to fill all the nail holes and touch up the paint and all that stuff.  Then of course, we have to actually pack and move all our junk.  In addition to that, Brian is going to Oregon this weekend and staying for a week.  If the house thing works out, he'll check on the house and construction, if it falls through he will find a place to rent.  So hopefully this time next week, we'll know where we are living.  Wouldn't that be nice!  He is also leaving his car at his mom's, so that we don't have to drive two cars up to Oregon.  This weekend my old friends Lorenzo and Patrick (brain tumor Patrick) are coming up and spending the night and going to "BuFest" in the malibu area with me on Saturday!  Then, the next weekend, Brian comes home and I pick him up at LAX.  Then right after we pick him up we are going to some sort of hockey party that I got dragged into.  Sunday is a friend's birthday party.  Then the weekend after that my cousin is hosting a little going away party for us, and the weekend after that we will panic and do everything we haven't done yet, and the weekend after THAT we move!  

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

0 comments: