Friday, February 27, 2009

Let Me Count the Ways

20 reasons I am excited to move to Oregon


1. I read here:  http://wweek.com    that there was a salon in Portland giving away a $75 deep conditioning if you would stand outside their building and reenact the scene from "Say Anything" where John Cusack wears the trench coat and plays "In Your Eyes" from his boombox.  The promotion is over but how cool is that?!

2.  The idea of visiting all of these delicious looking, cheap sources of food  http://foodcartsportland.com
There is pho!!!! and dim sum!!! and thai!!!! and EVERYTHING!!!!!

3. Being in the home of the coolest place on earth  http://www.mcmenamins.com/

4.  Weather

5.  Not having to smog my car unless we live in Portland.

6.  No sales tax

7. A house with a washer and dryer and TWO bathrooms AND A YARD.

8. Maybe college will be fun this time?

9. Living two miles from school after having commuted 45 minutes each way for two years.

10. I already have a bunch of friends in Oregon

11. The beef jerky place on the way to Corvallis

12. Closer to lots of Brian's family.

13. The green in Oregon makes California look brown.  No offense California, Oregon is just really green.

14. The beaches

15. An excuse to be pale.

16. Have you had beer in Oregon?

17.  I always loved that game Oregon Trail

18. We won't have to drive to Oregon every Christmas.

19. Powell's books

20. River Phoenix was born in Oregon, enough said.




2 comments:

raridan said...

1.)I hate to alert you, but McMenamins pales in comparison to other Portland bars on the "coolness" factor. 2.) I forget the name of the cart, but it's generally referred to as "India Cart" on Madison and 12th?..anyway, some of the best indian food I have ever had, and sometimes I crave the Big Big Lunch Special to no end. 3.) California is brown and ugly compared to the Northwest...it's something people should just come to terms with.

Jenny said...

I will admit that my love for McMenamin's might have something to do with it being a "Mc" like me. When I start my McMullimens it will no doubt go out of business.